Environmental protection: That's why it's important to take responsibility
In 1994, environmental protection was included as a state goal in the form of Article 20a in the German Basic Law. To date, tough debates and discussions have taken place. Today, it is hard to imagine that the political, economic and social responsibility to the environment was questioned. At present, topics such as renewable energies, careful resource management and daily environmental pollution are constant companions on all channels.
Causes and effects: That's why the environment is not doing well and that can happen
Basically, the following causes are the trigger for the current state of the environment:
- The growing population in the world has an intensive consumption of resources .
- Increasing consumption leads to a growing need for wealth, which leads to increased production of goods, which is a burden on the environment.
- The high demand for meat and fish leads to mass animal husbandry and empty or overfished oceans .
- Agriculture and animal husbandry consume large amounts of water, creating greenhouse gases that, in turn, favor climate change.
- There is a high global demand for energy that is still derived from burning fossil fuels, which releases a significant amount of CO2 into the atmosphere.
Effects are as follows:
- Greenhouse effect: Generated gases form a barrier in the atmosphere. Sun energy can not be easily returned to space. As a result, much of the sun's energy remains stored on Earth, causing greenhouse gases.
- Deforestation: By cutting down forests and the lack of photosynthesis worldwide, the greenhouse effect is favored.
- Global warming: The earth is constantly warming up due to the greenhouse gases. This not only increases the temperature of water and air, but also the polar ice caps start to melt.
- Environmental disasters: This inevitably results in severe weather, natural and environmental disasters such as floods and droughts.
- Rising death rate
Contributions to environmental protection: How consumers cause a change
Everyone can contribute to protecting the environment and the earth. It starts with a minimum of rethinking. Thanks to today's energy technology, for example, saving electricity is made easy, and the same applies to the need for water. This has risen significantly in comparison in recent years, because daily showers count among many consumers now to the body care basics. In house construction and renovation, therefore, the promotion of rainwater use is becoming increasingly common. This makes it possible to save drinking water. The rainwater harvesting system can be used in many ways. Even household appliances such as the washing machine benefit from this because the water is low in lime.
Other contributions to environmental protection are: Display
- Limit your own consumption : This is especially true for luxury goods such as clothing and furniture, because the production and transport of these goods lead to increased CO2 emissions and M llaufkommen.
- Pay attention to sustainability when eating: Numerous fish stocks are overfished. It makes sense sometimes to abstain from seafood in the diet. In the best case, fish will stay completely cleared for a while, so that the oceans can recover. In addition, regional foods are recommended that have no long transport routes behind them.
- Put it on two wheels more often : there are many paths that can be done on foot or on two wheels. For the benefit of the environment, it's important to stop the car from time to time. So the climate is spared by the pollutants. In addition, anticipatory driving ensures less fuel consumption.
The topics " electricity and heating energy" can be efficiently mastered by the following savings tips:
- heat less and lower the temperature steadily by one degree
- increased bumping
- on kostrom change
- Switch off devices instead of standby
- Use LED lamps
- Wish to dry in the sun
- pay attention to energy efficiency classes for household appliances
This is important in everyday life: Dos and Dont sf r the environment
In addition to the household, daily life also offers versatile savings potential in order to do something good for the environment.
Long-term, bigger changes for a green future
The measures already mentioned are relatively quick to implement and feasible in almost every household. Moreover, there are also long-term and major changes to permanently protect and relieve the environment. These include:
- New living concepts: Whether Tiny Houses or living room sharing, the possibilities are versatile. Either way, consumers aim for more energy-efficient living in the future.
- Alternative Mobility: Hybrid and electric vehicles have long ceased to be dreams of the future. Their ranges are currently not yet with the gasoline with, but this will change in the future, so there is great potential for environmental protection rests.
- Renewable Energy: Photovoltaic systems are currently not affordable for every household, but a great way to save energy .
- Operational environmental protection: This thematic area is relatively extensive, as it is industry in particular that contributes significantly to the pollution of the environment and the intensive use of resources. Here, the measures range from reduced paper requirements and lighting to waste prevention and disposal as well as transport, logistics, production and consumption.
What has been achieved in terms of environmental protection in the past?
Important steps on the way to the energy transition have so far been the following milestones:
- 1987: first (functioning) wind farm is put into operation
- 2000: the EEG (Renewable Energy Act) comes into force
- 2011: Phasing out of nuclear energy by 2022
- 2017: increased investment in electromobility
According to the Federal Environment Agency, in 2016, environmental protection expenditure amounted to about 2 percent of the gross domestic product. That was about 66.2 billion euros. This sum was borne by companies, private households and state institutions. Quite a lot of it came to sewage and waste, while a smaller part was used to clean up the environment. In general, a sustainable economy is the plan through the combination of economic growth and environmental protection.